The number one question people ask me is “what foods do you snack on?”. So, I’ve decided to compile my top 11 favorite snack foods with links to where you can purchase them.
Snacks I Love At The Moment
- My most favorite snack at the moment is Kiwa vegetable chips. They have various root vegetable chip combinations to choose from. And the beauty of these babies is that they are cooked in palm oil.
- Royal Hawaiian macadamia nuts are so good, and perfectly seasoned with sea salt. I’ve found at Sprouts and Amazon.
- Inka Crops plantain chips, cooked in palm oil are reminiscent of corn chips. I often dip these in my homemade pineapple, avocado salsa. Found at Sprouts, Amazon and several other places.
- I love to sprinkle Trader Joe’s Broccoli Florets with fine pink Himalayan salt and Nutritional Yeast for a cheesy flavor. Available at Trader Joe’s, obv, but you can order on Amazon as well.
- I like to dip the lime flavored Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips in guacamole. Available at pretty much any specialty grocery store.
- Dang Coconut Chips are a huge staple in my diet. I prefer this particular flavor because it has no added sugar or flavoring. I mildly toast them in my toaster oven just to add a nuttier flavor, but they’re fine on their own. I typically mix it with fruit or my homemade cereal for breakfast. Found at Sprouts and Amazon.
- Coco Thins are perfect when I’m in the mood for something sweet. I eat them by themselves or dip them in Nutiva Coconut Manna. Both are available at Sprouts and Amazon.
- Speaking of Nutiva Coconut Manna, I eat some combination of this every day. I sprinkle with cinnamon and add it to a bowl of fruit and coconut chips, mix with nuts or spread on autoimmune friendly breads. Available at Sprouts and Amazon.
- I try not to consume much sugar in order to keep my inflammation down, but on special occasions I snack on Jack’s Lemon Cookies. When I eat these, I feel like I’m eating regular people food again! I’ve found them at Sprouts and Natural Grocers.
- If you are okay eating nuts and seeds, the lightly sweetened, grain free Paleokrunch granola bars, by Steve’s Paleo Goods, are an easy on-the-go snack. I usually bring these with me on flights or road trips. These are also found at Sprouts and Amazon.
- I had to add an eleventh snack to my repertoire because it’s my most recent find. Cocoyo is a dairy free coconut milk yogurt. It’s a much “cleaner” brand compared to the So brand coconut yogurt. I choose the natural flavor option because it has the least amount of ingredients. If I want it sweeter, then I’ll add a natural sweetener (honey, maple syrup or coconut sugar) on my own. It even doubles as sour cream with a little lime juice and Nutritional Yeast.
I hope this helps you navigate the autoimmune way of eating a little bit easier, and that you enjoys the snacks I love at the moment as much as I do!
3 thoughts on “Favorite Snacks”
Those snacks sound really good! I know I’ve tasted some and they really satisfied the sugar craving! Mmm good! Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
It’s good to know there are good-for-you snacks out there that taste great too!
Sooooo yummy! Time to go shopping 🙂