My last summer swig in the series, blueberry basil, might seem unusual, but it’s a great combination. I think the hint of basil and the very light sweetness from the blueberries gives it a mild sweet tea flavor. The perfect drink to get you through the rest of the summer.
Here it is…
- 8-12 ounces of filtered water
- 1/4-1/3 cup fresh or frozen organic blueberries
- 2-3 basil leaves
- Add the blueberries to your glass
- Take a fork and smoosh out some of the juices
- Take basil leaves and rub together before dropping into the glass
- Add as much ice as you want
- Fill glass with water
This is a great addition to a summer barbecue or outdoor party. If attending a party, make ahead of time and carry over in a lidded mason jar or bring the ingredients and make for all of your friends to enjoy.
1 thought on “Summer Swig 3.0 Blueberry Basil”
Love the Summer Swig 3.0! Who would’ve thought blueberries and basil would taste so good together? I made a big pitcher and have been drinking it all week! Thanks for the easy instructions 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person